Established in 2005, Sullivan+Strumpf presents the work of emerging and established artists working at the forefront of contemporary art. The gallery is devoted to the presentation and promotion of its represented artists and is committed to the development of their practice.
Sullivan+Strumpf Sydney is currently looking for a motivated and dedicated Sales Associate and Design and Communications Associate to join our team.
If you’re interested in applying for either role, please email your resume and a short statement about why you would be the perfect addition to the Sullivan+Strumpf team to, Harriet Reid, Gallery Manager, [email protected]
Applications are due by 5pm, Monday 10 May 2021.
The Sales Associate is people-oriented, they are responsible for supporting the Directors with sales, managing client care and the necessary administration to promote and support the gallery.
Our fabulous gallery team is small, so you’ll need to be flexible, motivated and have excellent interpersonal skills. You’ll be able to talk to a variety of people. You’ll be a perfectionist and get things done with accuracy and efficiency and have excellent presentation.
You’ll be highly versatile and flexible, with a strong interest in contemporary art. You’ll be detail oriented, practically minded, self-directed and hold a full driver’s license. Above all, we’re looking for an excellent communicator, team player and someone who loves a job well done with a positive attitude.
- Ensuring high levels of client satisfaction through excellent service
- Front of House meeting and greeting
- Assist with the sales process by managing email enquiries, client database and client care
- Supporting the Directors
- Designing presentations when required
- Business Development, including attending evening events to represent the gallery and connect with the contemporary art community
- A Bachelors qualification and past work experiences are a must. A degree in Arts Management, Fine Arts, or related disciplines is favourable.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in an art related field.
- Basic knowledge of computers is an advantage, MS Office / Mac iWork, Adobe Photoshop and InDesign and database management will be required.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent sense of design.
Tuesday to Saturday, 9am – 5pm. Some evenings and additional hours for meetings, exhibition set-up, art fairs and opening receptions will be necessary.
Commensurate with experience.
DESIGN & COMMUNICATIONS ASSOCIATE
We are currently looking for a motivated and dedicated Design and Communications Co-ordinator to be the essential link between the gallery and our offsite press and digital marketing teams. This energetic person will also be design savvy and be able to produce a variety of content for presentations, social media, website and event invitations.
Our fabulous gallery team is small so you’ll need to be flexible, and motivated. With excellent interpersonal skills you’ll be able to talk to a variety of people. You’ll be a perfectionist, get things done with accuracy and efficiency and have excellent presentation.Above all, we’re looking for an excellent communicator, team player and someone who loves a job well done with a positive attitude.
- Website updates
- Social media posting and planning
- Preparing and delivery of weekly EDM via mailchimp
Additional tasks include:
- Schedule and Co-ordinate print advertisements with external designers
- Assist in the preparation of our bi-monthly magazine
- Manage the subscription mailing lists
- Manage the artists image archive and provide images to press contacts
- Assist the PR team with required information
- Create artists packs and presentations using Indesign
- File press and ensure the artists archives are updated.
- Fluent in Photoshop, InDesign and Adobe suite products
- Experience with Mailchimp and all social media platforms
- Experience with Silverstripe Web design an advantage
- Excellent sense of design
- Drivers licence
Tuesday to Friday, 9am – 5pm. Some evenings and additional hours for meetings, exhibition set-up, art fairs and opening receptions may be necessary.
Commensurate with experience.